The Farrier's heart pendent necklace is forged by me, Kevin Chainey, in my little blacksmith shop located in Milverton, Ontario, Canada.
The heart pendent starts out as a #16 regular head horse shoe nail normally used for shoeing drafting horses. After some forging with my propane forge, scrolling tongs and 100+ anvil, I turn the nails into a beautiful heart shaped pendent. It is finished with a buff on a wire wheel and bees wax coating to prevent rusting. Hung on black leather cording and hooked with a clasp and adjustable chain. The whole process in details can be found below.
Necklace length - 42 cm (~16.5 inches)
pendent height - 3 cm (~1 1/8 inches)
pendent width - 3 cm (~1 1/8 inches)
How I make the pendent (detailed process)
- First I heat up the tip and put the curl in the end with a pair of scrolling tongs
- Next I find center and put a little mark with a chisel.
- Start the bend in the middle cold in my vise
- Finish the bend by heating in my propane forge and forging it over my anvil
- The next step is to make the heart shape, which takes multiple heats in the forge and using my hammer and scrolling tong to get the shape just right.
- Once cool I buff them with my wire wheel mounted on my bench grinder to add a shine to them
- They are finished with warming them up and coating them with a very little coat of bees wax, which I locally source from a bee keeper near me.
1-3 business days
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 24 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Mar 23, 2021
Sadly the product never arrived even though it was shipped a second time. Canada Post lost both shipments. At this point the fault totally lies with the shipper and not RedMapleForge. Was kindly refunded so 5+ stars for effort! Would love to have gotten the item. What the heck is up with Canada Post?? Expedited parcel finally arrived April 13th!!! Talk about ridiculous. Item however is beautiful and while too late for original occasion will be a great everyday "I love you" gift for my husband 😁 Thank you Kevin 👍
Jan 10, 2021